Luxe by Calgary Bride
Issue 2 Spring/Winter 2014
Alan Maudie Photography
Azuridge Estate Hotel
Jewlery/Accessories Chi Chi Couture
Shoes – Nine West
Models – Chelsea & Alana ( Numa Models)
HMUA Trena Olfert
Thanks for swinging by our Booth at this past Sept 14, 2014 Bridal Expo at BMO!
We were lead Makeup Artist for the runway and had such a fun time with the hair team, Hair Booth, and all the local designers and shops that were involved.
Always a pleasure serving and being involved with our Wedding Industry family
pics courtesy of Bridal Expo
Gowns by Cameo & Cufflinks and Ethos
Even though we are smack in middle of Wedding Season, we have started taking Christmas & Holiday Bookings
We offer simple makeup & hair ( $130+gst, 1 hour/ in studio) for all your Holiday Party needs.
Email us for availability and to book
Some you heard of, others you may have not
These are our RED FLAGS, the mothers of all Beauty Busters
1. Glitter – unless your 10 yrs young, feel free otherwise stay clear as anything with aggressive shimmer and glitter will pick up your flaws from fine lines, to acne and oily spots. Pretty sure you don’t want to look sweaty when its not even hot outside.
2. Alcohol – superior dehydration at its best! Avoid for a bit to help skin rejuvenate and plump itself back up with hydration
3. Sugar, excessive amounts- ends up as rashes, redness, pimples, acne not just on face but chest and back can take a beating too!
4. Self-tanners on the Face – sometimes its just easier to fake a bronzed dewy appearance with makeup and the correct bronzers
5. Do not use your body soap on your face! Not moisturizing and hydrating, yes sometimes you may need the 7 step system to balance out skin, so suck it up and and allow your skin to heal girlfriend!
6. We like colour as we are Makeup Artists after all, however shy away from colours from red to purple to blue and green as these colours are not most friendliest to red eyes, dark circles and other uneven skin tones. Choose colours that are timeless, classic, sophisticated. Enough said.
7. Aggressive Facials/Treatments prior to a big event! Go far in advance so you are not risking the chance of disrupting your skin’s normal routine.
Just a few tips we love sharing!
We offer Makeup Lessons, a good time to bring your beauty bag full of goodies and we hash out whats best for you and possibly what you needn’t to worry about.
– Trena Olfert, Pro Makeup Artist and Owner, trena laine makeup artist
CLASSIC Event 2012
Sabrina May PR & Relations
Events Décor : Liz Nandee Basic Black Designs
Assistants : Mike Addams & Aaron Olfert
MUA: Kada Issa & Trena
Hair : Michelle Scabar Tru Elegance Salon
Model : Michal Cote, Tatiana Vladimirovna, Nicole Willis, Ashley Peszat
Clothing & Styling : Mealan Mezzarobba of Mealan
Photographer: Zev Abosh